Pandemic Preparedness from Chiropractic Records of 1918 Influenza Epidemic.
The 1918 Influenza Epidemic swept the world. As we face another possible flu epidemic, a look at chiropractic care 1918 influenza epidemic records is enlightening for pandemic preparedness.
1918 Influenza Epidemic Records from Walter C. Rhodes, DC
“The Official History of Chiropractic in Texas,” by Walter C. Rhodes, DC, states chiropracticcare came into its own during the 1918 influenza epidemic. The following statistics from his chiropractic records leave no doubt chiropractic care offers value for influenza and pandemic preparedness.
Pandemic Preparedness from Chiropractic Records of 1918 Influenza Epidemic: IOWA
During the 1918 influenza epidemic, Davenport, Iowa, medical doctors treated 4,953 influenza cases with 274 deaths. At the same time, 150 chiropractors, students and faculty of Palmer School of Chiropractic treated 1,635 cases during the influenza epidemic with only one death.
The state of Iowa reports medical doctors treated 93,590 influenza patients with 6,116 deaths or one out of 15. The rest of the state, except for Davenport, reported 4,735 patients treated by chiropractor care with a loss of 6 which is 1 out of 789 during the influenza epidemic.
Pandemic Preparedness from Chiropractic Records of 1918 Influenza Epidemic: NEW YORK CITY
Reports from New York City during the influenza epidemic of 1918, show 950 out of 10,000 patients medically treated died. Whereas 25 patients out of 10,000 died under drugless methods. It’s not clear if drugless is chiropractic care but it is assumed.
Pandemic Preparedness from Chiropractic Records of 1918 Influenza Epidemic: OKLAHOMA
Oklahoma chiropractors reported 3,490 cases of influenza with 7 deaths during the 1918 influenza epidemic. It’s interesting because medical doctors gave up on 233 influenza patients so chiropractors were called in and saved all except 25 with chiropractic care.
Chiropractic Influenza Epidemic Ward: WWII Base Hospital, #84 Unit in Perigau, FRANCE
Dr. S.T. McMurrain, D.C. impressed his commander, Lt. Col. McNaughton during the 1918 influenza epidemic in Southwestern France. He requested Dr. McMurrain’s commission in the Sanitary Corps. All influenza cases were sent to Dr. McMurrain for chiropractic care.
1918 Influenza Epidemic and Chiropractic Records for Pandemic Preparedness
Interviews with chiropractors during the 1918 influenza epidemic reveal their practice picked up. Chiropractic care also became an acceptable science with new patients and students after the influenza epidemic. For pandemic preparedness, a look at chiropractic care 1918 influenza epidemic records is enlightening. Click here to read other alternative remedies used successfully during the 1918 influenza epidemic.
http://www.planetc1.com/cgi-bin/n/v.cgi?c=1&id=1241106609Chiropractic Care During 1918 Influenza Epidemic Reveals Startling Statistics copyright 2009
This time of the year the CDC begins its campaign encouraging the masses to get the flu vaccine. It is important that you make an educated and informed decision for yourself and your family regarding the flu shot and all vaccines.
4 FLU SHOT FACTS:
1. FLU VACCINE MANUFACTURERS ARE NOTORIOUSLY INACCURATE AT PREDICTING THE VIRAL STRAIN, RENDERING THE VACCINE INEFFECTIVE.
The flu shot is developed each year by researchers working for drug manufacturers, it changes each year and is commonly created based on the three most common or virulent strains from the previous flu season. These strains are continually changing and the flu shot becomes a ‘shot in the dark’.
According to the CDC report of the 94’-95’ flu season, 87% of influenza virus samples were NOT similar to that year’s vaccine.
After considering all facts and taking into account immunizations, socioeconomic status, sex, history of smoking and severity of the flu, Dr. Majumdar, M.D. found that the actually benefit of the flu shot is “reduced to a statistically non-significant level of 19%”
2. FLU VACCINE IS RELATIVELY INEFFECTIVE FOR THOSE PATIENTS MOST AT RISK OF FLU COMPLICATIONS, WHICH THE FLU SHOT IS INTENDED TO PREVENT.
One study conducted at the University of Alberta reported that over the past 20 years vaccination rates among the elderly have increased from 15% to 65% but hospital admissions and death rates from all causes have not declined proportionately.
The Lancet medical journal suggests that the flu vaccine is having little to no effect on whether or not the elderly develop complications of the flu. Dr. Jackson of Group Health Center for Health Studies compared 1173 vaccinated pneumonia patients ages 65-95 with 2346 unvaccinated pneumonia patients and determined that the risk of complications wasn’t reduced by getting the shot.
3. THE VACCINE HAS TOXIC INGREDIENTS AND SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDING GBS.
Many important ‘details’ are left out of the news clips encouraging you to get the flu shot. One of the things that the CDC fails to inform you of are the list of multiple ingredients include with the killed virus in the flu shot.
Ethylene glycol – antifreeze, Phenol/carbolic acid, Formaldehyde (a known carcinogen), Aluminum (one study on flu vaccine showed that for adults over age 60 who had received 4 consecutive years of flu shot there was a 100% chance of developing Alzheimer’s compared with those who hadn’t), Thimerosal – mercury which can cause brain injury and autoimmune disease (many believe this is the cause for the nearly 300% increase in Autism over the last 10 years), Neomycin/Streptomycin – antibiotics known to cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
Just like any medications or vaccines there are known side effects. Most commonly reactions to the flu shot include flu like symptoms, soreness, redness or swelling near the injection site, fever and other aches and pains. Allergic reaction, especially in people with egg allergy, with symptoms including breathing problems, hoarseness or wheezing, hives, paleness, weakness, fast heart rate or dizziness. GBS or Guillain Barre’ syndrome which effects nerves and can lead to muscle weakness or full paralysis is reported in 6 of every million people who receive the flu shot, although this may give comfort to many for the 6 there is not comfort in this statistic considering 5-10% die as a result.
4. THE MOST ‘AT RISK’ POPULATION RECOMMENDED TO RECEIVE THE VACCINE IS ALSO THE MOST AT RISK FOR ADVERSE REACTIONS.
In one of the most bizarre twists of flu vaccine propaganda in 2001 the CDC began recommended vaccines for pregnant women. Even doctors question this as it is a category C drug – unknown risk for pregnancy. No studies have been conducted to monitor the safety to mother or fetus.
Vaccination is also recommended for a variety of different groups of children, including those with high – risk medical conditions, though experts in the field recommend that parents be “informed that their children are at risk for serious complications of influenza and that they be ‘allowed’ to make an informed decision.” (Neuzil et al.,2001)
In 1998 the FDA recommended mercury be removed from all drugs – yet the flu vaccine contains mercury. The CDC has stated that two groups are most vulnerable to methyl mercury – fetus and children under age 14.
WHAT CAN YOU DO…
TO NATURALLY PREVENT THE FLU?
- Get Chiropractic Adjustments – During the Great Flu Pandemic of 1918 those under Chiropractic care had higher rates of survival. Statistics documented the following; traditional medical care 1 out of 17 died, for those under Chiropractic care 1 out of 866 died.
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue and throw it away after use.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick, coughing or sneezing.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water. By keeping your body well nourished you are giving your body a fighting chance.
- Take adequate amounts of Vitamin D. It is not Vitamin C, but D that many people are lacking, this can affect defenses. Your immune system needs Vitamin D.
VACCINATED OR UNVACCINATED, IF YOU OR A CHILD GETS SICK?
- Keep the sick person and yourself away from others; including other family members. Just because one family member is sick does not mean everyone will ‘get it’.
- Rest, be willing to miss work or school and give your body what it is asking for – rest.
- Get adjusted – we will schedule a special time for you. Chiropractic adjustments can naturally reduce fever and boost your immune response.
- Hydrate – water is best but natural juices and tea are good too. Avoid sugary drinks, caffeine products and dairy products which increase inflammatory reactions in your body.
- Try to avoid anti-inflammatory and/or fever reducers. These can inhibit and suppress the body’s natural immune response and actually prolong the length of the sickness. When possible manage aches/pains with rest and warm bath, allow fever and fever spikes, to a point, you as the parent are comfortable. In a young child fever spikes of 105 are not uncommon, as this is the body’s way of ‘burning out’ the germs.